All voters registered on electoral lists are permitted to vote by post as part of European elections on 26 May 2019.
Voters must approach the College of Aldermen ("collège des bourgmestre et échevins") of the registration municipality in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. The registration municipality can be:
- the voter's municipality of residence;
- the municipality of the voter's last residence;
- the voter's municipality of birth;
- or, failing these, the City of Luxembourg.
The application can be submitted either:
- electronically on MyGuichet.lu;
- with a simple letter;
- or using a pre-printed form that can be obtained from the municipal administration.
The request must include the surnames, names, date and place of birth, as well as the domicile of the voter, along with the address to which the polling card should be sent.
People domiciled abroad must produce a copy of their valid ID card or passport.
In their written and signed declaration, requesting parties must declare under oath that they have not been stripped of their right to vote.
The request for postal voting must be submitted at the latest on
- 16 April, if the polling card needs to be sent to an address abroad;
- 2 May, if the polling card needs to be sent to an address based in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
If the requesting party meets the conditions for voting, the College of Aldermen sends them the polling card, the list of candidates and the voting envelopes via registered mail at the latest until
- 26 April, if the polling card needs to be sent to an address abroad;
- 11 May, if the polling card needs to be sent to an address based in Luxembourg.
If the requesting party does not meet the conditions for postal voting, the College of Aldermen notifies its refusal.
Ballot envelopes must arrive at the polling station at the latest before 2 pm on election day.